Note: The contest has now closed and the winners announced!
While the Pet Shop (10218) is one of my favourite modular buildings, one thing that has always bugged me is the empty rooms in the reddish brown townhouse. So, my challenge to you is to “Complete the Room”, specifically the middle floor:
And, thanks to the support provided by LEGO’s Community and Events Engagement Team, there are a couple of cool prizes to be won!
First Prize: Toy & Grocery Shop (31036)
Second Prize: Beach Hut (31035)
What you need to do:
To enter, you need to complete the middle floor of the reddish brown townhouse in the Pet Shop (10218) by building an interior for it. What do you think the middle floor would look like if it were fully furnished?
The instructions for the Pet Shop (10218) are available from LEGO here (just enter the set number – 10218 – in the search box). Just to confirm, the middle floor of the townhouse starts on page 43 of Book 1 of the instructions.
Submit your entry by uploading up to three images of your build to the MBK – Contests group on Flickr, by midnight 31 March 2015 in my time zone, which is Australian Eastern Standard Time (i.e. Brisbane, Queensland, Australia).
Rules for your entry:
- Use only real LEGO bricks and parts. If it wasn’t made by the LEGO, don’t use it
- Feel free to cut LEGO stickers or hoses to suit your requirements, but please don’t hurt any bricks or other parts in making your entry (i.e. no sculpting of bricks)
- No custom stickers or parts
- No LDD or other digital entries
- No composite images
- Plain backgrounds only
- No photoshopping, other than minor colour and brightness corrections
- The structure (i.e. walls, windows and stairwells) of your entry must match that of the middle floor of the reddish brown townhouse (i.e. the one pictured above). From the outside, there should not be any differences between your module and that of the official set
- Feel free to leave off one wall to be able to better photograph and showcase your entry, as long as it still fits within the original structure of the reddish brown townhouse (i.e. don’t place a piece of furniture where there would be wall or a stairwell in the official model)
- You need to be aged 18 years or over to enter
- One entry per person
- Entries must be new builds that have not been published or shown previously
- There will be three judges (Kristel (that’s me), RedCoKid and LegoMyMamma). The judges’ decision will be final.
- Entries will be judged on building technique, overall look and how well it fits in with the original model.
- The winning entries will be required to supply their name, street address and phone number in order to receive their respective prizes. If this information cannot be supplied, the prize will be forfeited